Friday, December 14, 2007

Note to My Future Self

Breathe.
It's going to be okay ... you will find the Microsoft Office disk and then you'll put it in the disk thing on your computer and everything will be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine.

Sure, it's not in the bin with all the other hundreds of software disks ... but remember you must have had to give it to the nice man last June or July so he could fix your corrupted computer (you moved and the plastic bin was not with you, remember?, so you'd been borrowing your Dad's laptop for a couple of months) ... so, yeah, okay, your loft office area may appear a smidgen, oh, disorganized? at the moment, but that's because you're a perfectionist, really, and you've been willing to live in chaos for a month or so (what's that? ... oh, right ... 18 months) until you can get your impeccable system in place. It's got to be here, right? Somewhere?

Find it yet?

[consider this post a place holder and I'll tell you later why I'm in this situation. It's so darn funny! O, how I will laugh once this is over ... why, I'm laughing now! Why, I cannot stop laughing! I'm having trouble breathing really, I am laughing so hard! So hard! My eyes are starting to hurt being open this wide while I'm laughing so hard and having trouble breathing...]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have attended births and deaths in my career, but let me tell you, neither compares to losing my computer files.

And every time I do a backup, it fucking FAILS about halfway through the process.

Deus ex machina?

But of course. These things are haunted and should all be burned at the stake, right after we get everything off these cursed hard drives and safely on paper.

It's the Amurrican WAY!